- 9 July: Why I suspect the prolific: "[P]erhaps twenty people can write a serious book in a year. Some people lift cars, too." (Annie Dillard)
- 8 July: Just registered for #SBL
- 4 July: Contemplating organizing a study tour of Turkey and Greece...
- Elmer Fudd Wikipedia (http://j.mp/kIUQ4G)! E.g., "In de Thai generaw ewection, de Pheu Thai Party... wins a wandswide majority..."
- 30 June: #Bibleworks 9 looks great on the NT side; still considering whether it is worth an upgrade for someone focused primarily on the Hebrew Bible
- 25 June: Great price for a fantastic resource: Randall Buth's Living Biblical Hebrew Part One MP4 Version (http://j.mp/kAiMFy)
- 24 June: Looking for a succinct, scintillating, readable #Romans commentary to use as an upper level undergraduate Biblical Studies textbook.
- 23 June: Absolutely loving Bruce Fisk's Hitchhiker's Guide to Jesus (http://t.co/pmUWgFX). The trick is creating a course to go with the textbook.
- 19 June: Nothing like having a Hebrew verb paradigm jingle running through your head for days on end.
- 8 June: "Any humanities professor who comes up with one genuine idea in a lifetime should be recognized." - Mark Bauerlein (http://bit.ly/kzVasn)
- 4 June: "Fulfillment is a byproduct of how people engage their tasks, and can’t be pursued directly." - David Brooks (http://nyti.ms/kf7Mzd)
- 18 May: What's the benefit of a #Kindle book priced the same as a printed edition?
- 13 April: Here's to "a sensory deprivation tank in Siberia"! ...Dale Harris on the crisis in evangelical ecclesiology (http://bit.ly/enmzDu).
- 31 March: Jon Coutts on Rob Bell and the "twitter-fingers of a million popes" (http://bit.ly/enmzDu).
- 30 March: Attractive idea: "The Rules of Writing Group" (http://bit.ly/gqGkmG)
- 26 March: "Ideally, we would like to see a decrease in publishing... One good article is worth a dozen mediocre articles."-RDH (http://bit.ly/fcLcyp)
- 25 March: -18 C, feels like -27. Welcome spring!
- 9 March: Noticed Augustine's conversion account in Confessions 8 is a meditation on Rom 7; conversion for A is incomplete without radical life change
- 25 February: Decided I can't put off reading through Morton Smith's Palestinian Parties any longer.
- 24 February: Ideal language learning scenario: http://tinyurl.com/46krkbc.
- 21 February: Ehrman's Forged (http://www.bartdehrman.com/) looks like unwelcome support for Carson & Moo's Introduction (http://tinyurl.com/4gftqhp).
Saturday, July 9, 2011
A Twitter Miscellany
A selection of less ephemeral (??) updates from my twitter account (@ntdmiller) since I began tweeting in February: