Sunday, April 6, 2008

The Blend Matters

Doug Chaplin is "Blogger of the Month" over at Biblioblogs.com. Here's a snippet from the interview that describes my own experience all too well:
One of the problems that has continued to dog my spiritual life is that while intellectually I have no problems integrating critical study of the Bible with a doctrinal view of it as scripture, in practice I do find I’m much more likely to wander off on a critical question than actually try to hear what God might have to say. Though it’s surprising how often God can be there in the answering of a critical question, waiting to ambush you. But I’ve stayed passionate about insisting that mind and heart ought not to be divorced.
The whole interview is worth reading. You might even decide to subscribe to Doug's blog as I did when I was done.

No comments: