The following are a few of the things I would like to blog about over the next months as I have time:
- A few people responded to my rejection of the idea that one can extract timeless truth from the Bible and discard the culturally conditioned husk. I would like to offer an explanation, which will likely be built around a few choice quotations from Richard B. Hays's excellent, The Moral Vision of the New Testament (HarperCollins, 1996).
- My post on Francis Watson got me thinking about the production rates of NT scholars. In my view, quantity of publications is a doubtful measure of academic success. The flourishing Biblical Studies publication industry is as likely a sign of cancer as it is of health. But I think it will still be interesting to find out what, on average, can be expected of first-rate scholars.
- "Sundays" are for Volf...as I finish chapters. If the 2 page/week trend continues, this may take a while.
- Maybe I will have more to say in the "What's in a Name?" series.
- I will certainly post more pictures of Shoshana to make sure my family keeps checking the blog from time to time.
- I also have some ideas for one-off posts.
- Other suggestions?