Monday, February 15, 2010

Three Year Blogiversary

"Every act of writing, and all the more so the arrogation of credit for what one has written, is a sign of hubris." - Shaye J. D. Cohen, From the Maccabees to the Mishnah (WJK, 2006), 190

One might add in good Qal wahomer fashion, if this is true for writing in general, how much more for the writing of blogs?

Oddly enough, several of my earliest posts--quotations, mostly, that I had been collecting until I thought I had something to say--were about this very thing. On my very first entry 3 years ago today, I posted the lyrics to T-Bone Burnett's "Trap Door," the fourth post quotes from Mike Yaconelli on ego addiction, and the second, an excerpt from Martin Luther's commentary on Genesis 15, offers a solution.

2 comments:

Charles Savelle said...

Congrats. Enjoy your blog.

Isaac said...

Blogs are fun once you get past the self-importance and just write to write. I did not get over that hump . . .